A new online Performance Enhancement Platform open to all
FarmPEP aims to connect people, organisations, projects and resources to enable knowledge about farming to be shared, found, discussed and developed.
FarmPEP is a collaborative endeavour - join the community of all those involved in the knowledge landscape. The site is being developed so tell us here if anything isn't working, or suggest any improvements.
Use FarmPEP to
- Find distilled knowledge about a topic, and connect to relevant projects, resources, people and organisations
- Tell people about what you are doing with your organisation, project, product or network
- Connect to relevant people, projects, organisations, reports and products
- Question whats known
- Help Distil information into knowledge and messages of what works
- Develop ideas into proposals and projects by forming Groups
- Collaborate as a project team or Group
- Share what you know and what works
- Engage by liking, following, sharing or reporting content
What is FarmPEP?
FarmPEP is a Knowledge Exchange Platform to generate, connect, distill and share Agricultural Knowledge. It is a place for the discussion and distillation of ideas, where anyone involved in agriculture can tell people what they know and find out what’s going on.
FarmPEP.net was initiated in January 2020 via an Innovate UK project with ADAS, Agri-techE, CCRI, Innovative Farmers and The Farming Forum with the aim of connecting Knowledge Exchange in agriculture, post-Covid19. This web-site is being co-designed to create a solution that benefits all - it is under development so please feedback what works, what doesn't and how it could be improved.
We have connected with many stakeholders to try to ensure that we are uniting across the community - if you think anyone important is missing please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Development of FarmPEP.net will continue in the Defra Farming Innovation Programme Innovate UK Farm-PEP project supporting farm centric knowledge generation, developing tools for data sharing, benchmarking and conducting on-farm trials. The FarmPEP.net website provides a crucial foundation for this. FarmPEP.net will become self sustaining through a business model in which organisations pay a modest fee for a presence on the site.
Who is FarmPEP for?
FarmPEP is a community of farmers, agricultural advisors, researchers, industry and knowledge exchange practitioners - anyone can join and share.
How does it work?
- FarmPEP is built on a framework of Topics that all people, organisations, groups and content can connect to.
- Anyone can add Organisations, Groups & Content with text, pictures & videos
- Anyone can connect to Topics, Groups & other pages, making their content show on other pages.
- Trusted Stewards help distil useful summaries of knowledge for each Topic. Anyone can create a new Topic.
- Join the FarmPEP community to add a resource, comment, question, event, project, organisation or to form a group as a space for collaboration and discussion.
Which types of content can be shared?
- FarmPEP encourages knowledge sharing on all aspects of agriculture, with a focus on active projects, farm-led innovation, and research.
- FarmPEP aims to connect content - rather than duplicating what already exists - via summaries and links to more detail
- Commercial content, products & services can be shared, as long as it is clearly marked as such
Farm PEP Members subscribe to an ethos of:
- Openness - to knowledge sharing and to other people’s opinions and ideas
- Learning - from and with others by embracing constructive challenges and failure
- Collaboration - by working together to achieve greater results
- Respect - by being mindful of other viewpoints and treating everyone with civility
Farm PEP structure
FarmPEP uses Topics as a framework to connect content, via a nested taxonomy of agricultural knowledge. The aim is for Topics to become like wikipedia pages, curated by the community of Stewards. PEP Members can contribute comments and suggestions to Topics, and connect their own Content (Posts, Resources, Projects, Groups, Organisations) to Topics. Members can follow Topics to bookmark them to find updates and changes.
Anyone can add a Post on Farm PEP. These can be Ideas, Questions, Articles, Resources, or any other thought… Posts can be connected to Topics, Groups, People, Organisations, or other Posts.
Farm PEP encourages Members to create Groups for Projects, Events or any other collaborative endeavour. Other members can join Groups, and create Posts within the Group, which are shown under the Group description, to which Group Members can subscribe.
Organisations provide a way for Members to connectlink themselves to businesses and other professional bodies - and for Organisations to associate themselves with their sector/s via Topics.
The Dashboard provides an overview of the latest activity on Farm PEP, customised according to the Members’ interests, via a timeline of recent comments, posts, and updates from Topics and Groups. The Dashboard also provides links to a Member’s profile page and Farm Pep account.