The IPM platform gives farmers and advisers access to a large range of existing Decision Support Systems for their regional conditions.
Implementing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices to tackle pests, weeds and diseases can be a real challenge for farmers and advisors. Decision Support Systems (DSS) can assist on-farm decisions to implement IPM.
The IPM Decisions project is developing an online platform that is easy to use for the monitoring and management of pests. The platform is available across the EU with DSS, data, tools and resources tailored to individual regions.
The platform has been developed in collaboration with partners across Europe, based on the feedback of farmers, agronomists, researchers and developers during three rounds of international stakeholder workshops.
There are already a few select DSS on the platform - more DSS will become available for the 2023 growing season over the coming months.
Available DSS on 21st September 2022:
- Barley Yellow Dwarf Virus (BYDV) in winter wheat and winter barley;
- Carrot rust fly in carrots;
- Potato late blight in potatoes, two different DSS;
- Codling moth in apples or pears;
- Cutworm in vulnerable crops;
- Fungal leaf diseases in winter and spring wheat (Zymoseptoria tritici, Parastagonospora nodorum and Pyrenophora triticirepensis);
- Downy mildew in lettuce;
- Saddle gall midge in cereals;
- Orange wheat blossom midge in cereals;
- Pollen beetle in oilseed rape.
Users are now invited to explore the platform at https://platform.ipmdecisions.net/
Share your feedback and suggestions below