A new Knowledge Exchange platform open to all
FarmPEP has been co-designed by an industry wide partnership supported by Innovate UK to connect across agriculture, enabling knowledge exchange through a new Performance Enhancement Platform. It aims to connect people, organisations, projects and resources to enable knowledge across farming to be shared, found, discussed, distilled and developed.
Join the community now to:
- Find and Share information around a topic, including relevant people, projects, resources and organisations
- Tell people about yourself, your organisation, projects, products and intiatives - all connected to Topics
- Help Distil information into knowledge and messages of what works - become a Steward.
- Question whats known and challenge whats written
- Help Distil information into knowledge and messages of what works
- Engage by liking, following, and sharing content
What is FarmPEP?
FarmPEP is a collaborative endeavour and the site is still being developed - So please tell us here if anything isn't working, or suggest any improvements. We can make it into what you want it to be.
FarmPEP.net was initiated in January 2020 via an Innovate UK project with ADAS, Agri-techE, CCRI, Innovative Farmers, Open Coop and The Farming Forum with the aim of connecting Knowledge Exchange in agriculture, post-Covid19. Read more about the initial project here.
Innovate UK support for FarmPEP is continuing through Defra's Farming Innovation Programme where ADAS with AICC, British Geological Survey, Innovative Farmers and Map of Ag are developing tools to support on-farm knowledge generation through data sharing, benchmarking and tools for on-farm trials that will be accessible via the FarmPEP platform - Read more about the FarmPEP FIP project here.
We aim for FarmPEP.net to become a self-sustaining platform, ultimately charging organisations a modest fee for their pages (like having a stand at an agricultural show), with all revenues being invested in development of the site. If you are interested in supporting the development of FarmPEP please contact [email protected].
Who is FarmPEP for?
FarmPEP is developing a community of farmers, agricultural advisors, researchers, industry and knowledge exchange practitioners - anyone can join and share.
How does it work?
- FarmPEP is built on a framework of Topics that all people, organisations, groups and content can connect to.
- Anyone can add Organisations, Groups & Content with text, pictures & videos
- Everything can be connected to Topics, Groups & other pages, making their content show on other pages.
- Trusted Stewards help distil useful summaries of knowledge for each Topic. Anyone can create a new Topic.
- Join the FarmPEP community to add a resource, comment, question, event, project, organisation or to form a group as a space for collaboration and discussion.
Which types of content can be shared?
- FarmPEP encourages knowledge sharing on all aspects of agriculture, with a focus on active projects, farm-led innovation, and research.
- FarmPEP aims to connect content - rather than duplicating what already exists - via summaries and signposting to external to websites
- Commercial content, products & services can be shared, as long as it is clearly marked as such
Farm PEP Members subscribe to an ethos of:
- Openness - to knowledge sharing and to other people’s opinions and ideas
- Learning - from and with others by embracing constructive challenges and failure
- Collaboration - by working together to achieve greater results
- Respect - by being mindful of other viewpoints and treating everyone with civility
Farm PEP structure
FarmPEP uses Topics as a framework to connect content, via a nested taxonomy of agricultural knowledge. The aim is for Topics to become like wikipedia pages, curated by the community of Stewards. PEP Members can contribute comments and suggestions to Topics, and connect their own Content (Posts, Resources, Projects, Groups, Organisations) to Topics. Members can follow Topics to bookmark them to find updates and changes.
Anyone can add a Post on FarmPEP. These can be Ideas, Questions, Articles, Resources, or any other thought, or just a signpost to useful content elsewhere… Posts can be connected to Topics, Groups, People, Organisations, or other Posts.
FarmPEP encourages Members to create Groups for Projects, Events or any other collaborative endeavour. Other members can join Groups, and create Posts within the Group, which are shown under the Group description, to which Group Members can subscribe.
Organisations provide a way for Members to connectlink themselves to businesses and other professional bodies - and for Organisations to associate themselves with their sector/s via Topics.
The Dashboard provides an overview of the latest activity on FarmPEP, customised according to the Members’ interests, via a timeline of recent comments, posts, and updates from Topics and Groups. The Dashboard also provides links to a Member’s profile page and FarmPep account.