22 November 2023
16:00 – 17:00
Welcome and Introduction, Dr Lydia Smith
Building resilient farming systems using cover crops, Dr Nathan Morris
Capturing carbon in cover crops, can it be done? Dr Lydia Smith
Engage with industry and farmers to see how cover crops can be incorporated into rotations by understanding...
- How cover crops contribute to a resilient farming system
- The role of cover crops in raising soil organic matter/carbon
- How cover crop type/species/mix and management might impact on carbon capture
- Better understanding of which species to choose and mix.
- Understand the agronomy requirements for novel cover crops.
- Improved knowledge of how to use cover crops to improve soil organic matter and carbon capture.