A new Knowledge Exchange platform open to all
FarmPEP has been co-designed by an industry wide partnership supported by Innovate UK to connect across agriculture, enabling knowledge exchange through a new Performance Enhancement Platform.
FarmPEP connects people, organisations, initiatives and resources with Topics. Each Topic has a page where the Stewards can distil a Wikipedia style summary at the top of the page and recommend useful content organisations. The bottom of the page connects to everything that is connected to the Topic across the community. This enables knowledge across farming to be shared, found, discussed, distilled and developed.
- Like and follow content
- Add your own organisation and initiatives
- Join and edit any page on the site
- Connect useful resources
- Synthesise knowledge on Topic pages
- Question, comment and discuss.
What is FarmPEP?
FarmPEP is a collaborative community endeavour. It was initiated in January 2020 via an Innovate UK project with ADAS, Agri-techE, CCRI, Innovative Farmers, Open Coop and The Farming Forum with the aim of connecting Knowledge Exchange in agriculture, post-Covid19. Read more here.
Development of FarmPEP and the wider vision of supporting farm centric knowledge generation is continuing in another Innovate UK project through Defra's Farming Innovation Programme with ADAS, AICC, British Geological Survey, Innovative Farmers and Map of Ag, creating tools for data sharing, benchmarking and on-farm trials.
FarmPEP has been developed in consultation with a wide set of stakeholders and continues to be overseen by a Steering Group including all project partners, AHDB, AIC, Defra, NFU, CEIA and SRUC. The ultimate aim is for FarmPEP to become a self-sustaining platform, with sponsorship from organisations for their pages, with all revenues being invested in the development of the site. Discuss the best Business Models for FarmPEP here.
If you would like to support development of FarmPEP please contact [email protected]
Who is FarmPEP for?
FarmPEP is for farmers, agricultural advisors, researchers, industry and knowledge exchange practitioners - anyone can join the community and share.
How does it work?
We are currently creating a 'How To' guide for members explaining how to get the best out of the site. Come back here soon for a link to the guide.
Which types of content can be shared?
- FarmPEP encourages knowledge sharing on all aspects of agriculture, with a focus on active projects, farm-led innovation, and research.
- FarmPEP aims to connect content - rather than duplicating what already exists - via summaries and signposting to external to websites
- Commercial content, products & services can be shared, as long as it is clearly marked as such
- Openness - to knowledge sharing and to other people’s opinions and ideas
- Learning - from and with others by embracing constructive challenges and failure
- Collaboration - by working together to achieve greater results
- Respect - by being mindful of other viewpoints and treating everyone with civility